The Lenovo G580 15.6” laptop is the perfect combination of reliability, affordability, and good overall features that make it the ideal everyday PC. It offers an affordable solution to your daily computing tasks. Whether you need to prepare the family budget, do your homework, surf the net, connect with family and friends, or simply have fun, it has all the essentials bundled in one neat, affordable package.
- Intel Core i3-3110M 2.4GHz (3MB Cache) – The latest processor that provides amped up processing
- 4GB DIMM
- 500GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
- 15.6” Screen, Intel HD 4000 graphics – This allows for a more intense visual experience
- High-speed connection: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Plenty of ports – Connection to other devices is made easy with various ports available that includes fast USB 3.0 technology.
- 5-hour battery life – With the Lenovo Energy Management, the life of the battery is preserved with the use of advanced energy saving technology that helps increase the time in-between charging.
- Windows 8 operating system – The new Microsoft interface is visually rich and optimized for mouse and keyboard input; features an open and clean layout that allows for very minimal distractions.
- Dolby® Advanced Audio ver2 – This provides exceptional clarity and vibrant surround sound that is not heard from other laptops.
- One-Key Recovery – This feature makes the data backup and recovery process easy and simple.
The Lenovo G580 15.6-inch laptop comes in a contemporary design and metallic keyboard finish. The subtle horizontal lines keep the surface looking clean, sharp, and professional. To put it simply, the laptop looks a lot more expensive than its affordable price suggests. In addition, it is preloaded with various productivity and multimedia applications for a convenient and interactive user experience.
What Product Users Say
The G580 got an average rating of 4.5 out of a maximum of five stars indicating that majority of buyers are satisfied with their purchase. Users generally appreciate the affordability and the many features the laptop offers. Some reviewers also complement the nice design. However, a few users comment that some of the packaged applications cause some system problems.
Pros and Cons
- Lots of useful features at an affordable price
- Great design
- Durable and does not easily break with normal use
- Excellent customer support services
- Screen clarity
- Efficient power management features
- Convenient to use keyboard
- Takes time to get started, usually a few minutes from cold boot, though no problems usually occur after that.
- The Wi-Fi sometimes has difficulty finding the router. Running the troubleshooter to reset the adapter will easily solve the problem.
The Lenovo G580 15.6-inch laptop comes in a nice design and is packed with a lot of functional and convenient features – all in one affordable package. Despite the minor flaws, it is still an excellent product overall. The pros more than compensate for the cons which are easy to fix, anyway. It is arguably one of the best 15.6” laptops in its price range, and therefore recommended for purchase.